Friday, December 9, 2011

Gypsy Chicks are looking for a home/store--our next big thing!

My daughter and I are looking for a place we can sell antiques and good junk from our home.  We are pretty open on where but we are on a shoestring and looking for a solid 40's model fixer (like me--hahaha) with a barn, large storage building, garage, etc. on or near a busy road.  A large 2-story home with character would be ideal.  This would be my first choice.

Another option would be a solid/sound store downstairs and apt(s) upstairs.  She saw a building on a corner near the highway in Troy, TX that was vacant but no contact info.  This is Angela's first choice.  

My daughter also thought it would be fun to find a small old motel with little groups of buildings we could fix up and live and sell from.  A little ambitious maybe. 

Meanwhile I'm trying to downsize but it seems it went from way too hot for too long to sell outdoors to too cold thus we are looking for a permanent indoor location.  

We still have our 2 booths at Touch of Class in Sherman, TX (Two 2nd floor windows) and I take at least one load there a week sometimes more.  I spend the inclement weather looking online for real estate and sorting, fixing, cleaning and getting my shabby chics and primitives ready to go.  I just finished a cute occasional table with old stamps which I'm taking to TOC this Sunday (my work day) along with a 50's tinsel tree, large bird cage, small chalk table, etc.  The booths look very cheery for the holidays with my old bedspring wreaths, crosses and Christmas trees and the red and green glassware and colorful FireKings.

Should you know of a place or run across a rundown place that looks like it might be a good place to live and sell antiques, we'd love to hear from you.

Happy Holidays from Sheri and Angela, Gypsy Chicks!!

1 comment:

Stunning dude said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.