Thursday, July 21, 2011

Garden Markers

My mom and I have been tryin' to think of some neat and creative artsy craftsy things to take to Gypsy Chicks to have some new stuff for you to shop. Because this is a long month and the first falls in strange place, there are TWO First Monday Trade Days in Canton this month.

I've been making garden markers from old silverware. These have a great vintage look and I'll be taking some blanks with me to Canton if you would like a specific word or phrase on them. They would be excellent not only with plant names on them for garden markers, but also with I Love You, Thank You, Congratulations, Best Wishes, Happy Birthday or anything of that nature to put a unique touch in a gift plant.
Two examples of the spoon garden markers.
One being used in a potted mint.
And one being used right in the garden.
My mom says these look like a little old lady made them. I'll take it as a compliment since I was goin' for a vintage handmade look! Hahaha! Quite honestly I feel like a little old lady after I make a few of these, my hands cramp up so. Heheh. Still, I love to make them. I like the look of them and it's a great re-purposing project.

Later today I'm going to take some pictures of my mom's bed spring wreaths. These things are AMAZING (and I'm not just saying that like everyone does these days). They really are. They are beautiful, creative, and unique to any I've seen by other people. I hope I'm gettin' you excited enough to come back and check them out, they really are that great. :)

XOXOX,
Angela

No comments: